Right now I have Jim Carrey's voice in my head from the Grinch "But what would I wear?"
It all depends on the look you are going for. Personally I like layers, textures, ruffles and patterns. It makes for an interesting photo once you look away from the eyes. Other people like plain and simple so you are only drawn to the face.
Wearing white can be tricky because it can get washed out easily, especially under bright lights like the sun. It also tends to be easier to find the "center stage" pieces in girls or women's clothing, so a good starting point is with the females then pull colors from their outfits to create a look for the boys and dads.
Other things to remember when choosing your outfits:
* Choose the style and color of your clothing with your location in mind
* Adding layers to your outfit not only adds texture to your picture, but allows you to shed the layers later on for a different look
* You may not want everyone to wear a bold color or pattern but don't be afraid to add a pop of color or design to add interest to your image
* Narrow stripes are hard to pick up on the camera
* Animal prints can get a little too busy
* Bold metal jewelry can create a glare that you don't want in your images
* Glasses are difficult to photograph because of the glare factor too - However, if your glasses are a big part of who you are, by all means wear them!!
* Unless you are going for a specific look, bare arms can also detract from the face.
The key is to be comfortable and feel like yourself in your chosen outfits! For color combo's and ideas, visit my